The EMEA BHT GMU (Global Modeling Unit Brand Health Tracking Europe Middle East Africa) department is looking for a Senior Data Analyst, Marketing Sciences in our Paris office.
This department is in charge of carrying out advanced analytics to provide concrete and actionable recommendations to our international clients in varying sectors. More specifically, our focus is on diagnosing brand performance over time and the effectiveness of communication strategies in driving brand performance.
The scope of our business covers mainly Europe, Middle East and Africa, but we work closely with a global network of marketing science and data science analysts.
This position integrates both statistical know-how, data expertise and marketing knowledge. This position will work closely with the Head of the EMEA GMU, and also with colleagues within our broader Global GMU network, and other cross-functional teams in an international environment.
• Conduct analysis of unstructured text data.
o Good understanding of rule based algorithms to structuring data e.g developing exclusion rules to refine concepts.
o Structuring text data in order to identify topics that will be relevant and actionable for our clients.
o Ability to structure the topics into simpler hierarchies in order to help our clients navigate the results.
• Conduct a variety of statistical/analytical models, ranging from correlations, factor analysis, hierarchical cluster analysis, to Bayes Nets and Random forest).
o Good understanding of model parameters, ability to interpret coefficients and model diagnostics, and ability to find pragmatic solutions to achieve robust models.
o Comfortable and experienced in explaining statistical models to non-statistical internal and external clients, and helping them to find the ‘story’ behind and beyond the numbers.
Ideally, you will also:
• Write/use scripts by leveraging open source codes/communities (e.g. github, stackoverflow) - to build analytical models, help improve execution efficiencies or visualizing data.
• Consistently ensure the timely delivery of error free work.
• Support internal and external clients in the design and appropriate application of the various analytical approaches in our toolkit.
• Good communication skills and ability to:
o present data findings in an easy-to-understand manner to internal and external clients less familiar with statistical techniques,
o explain your conclusions and the strategic implications for the client.